Family names and related posts

Friday 28 December 2018

Before 2019 begins...

...I want to tell you about a few changes in my playing. But first things first - here are the stats for 2018:


The end of 2018 coincides with the end of the current round.
This round was still only about half way through at the last head count at the end of 2017. Many more of the original playables have died in the second half, and there were only a few births and a few newcomers in the shape of townies with a "playable" surname; no more adoptions.

A total of 213 deaths can of course not be made up for by 89 births since I started playing New Max, but that was my goal from the beginning: I wanted to see which family names would persist longest, and which ones would disappear.

There are 104 playable Sims in the neighbourhood now. Minus the four members of the mysteriously disappeared Roth household, makes exactly 100 Sims here.


In 2015, I also played TS4 with pretty much the same approach as to New Max. I only had the base game then and played the premade families in alphabetical order, easily discernible among the labels by the prefix "TS4" in front of the household name.

My friend Beemoki has started to integrate her TS4-playing into her TS2-time by strictly following the alphabetical order of ALL households - TS2 and TS4 combined - which makes for good gameplay, alternating between the two games and never leaving one out for too long. I will play like that in 2019, too.

And since one of my Christmas presents was the pets expansion pack for TS4, there will be plenty more for me to discover. (Not that I have already discovered everything about the base game!)

In New Max, I am missing some premade community lots; I keep seeing them in Beemoki's game but they have somehow disappeared from my lots & houses catalogue. Also, the Roths have still not been found, although their character files are there in my game data.

Therefore, I also plan to work a bit more on New Maximiliania's structure, hoping to find the missing lots and Sims. Now all that's left for me to do this year is to make a backup.


I am very much looking forward to yet another year with my Sims, this blog and you!
Happy New Year to all of you! And please keep on playing and blogging - I so enjoy reading what the Sims are up to in your games.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Meks, I am looking forward to your stories. Have a lot of fun with the new ep! :) - I have packed all empty lots in Sims2 in the beginning, if you want to add the missing lots I could send them to you. - Of course, I will keep on blogging and posting. - Greetings, Bee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bee - I might have to take you up on that offer, depending on whether I'll manage to retrieve my lost lots or not.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to reading your new rotation style play combining both games and learning more about TS4, I have it haven’t played it since a couple of months after it first came out.

    Wishing you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year, all the best x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading Beemoki's blog with the TS2/TS4 rotation, and I am sure I will enjoy playing like that even more.
      I've not played TS4 since 2015, either.

      Happy New Year to your and yours, too! x

      Delete
  3. I like how you recap. I hope to do more in the coming year - I was about to work on the Goth family but Im a little stuck in the direction I chose or it could be that work became a bit much not sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a combination of both? Whichever way you chose to take the Goths, I am looking forward to reading about them in your game!

      Delete

Whether you play The Sims 2 yourself or not, it would be great hearing from you. As I will reply to comments regularly, please remember to come back if you have asked a question.