Family names and related posts

Saturday 8 December 2018

Trisha Traveller - Week 6

Click here if you want to (re-)read week 5 with Trisha.


Carlos Contender's original house is still there, and looks pretty much the same from outside. Inside, though, a lot has changed since Carlos' days.

When Carlos died, he left the house to his 3-bolt-love Trisha Traveller. Trisha left her husband and daughter to be with Carlos; Trent died long ago in a fire at home caused by burning leaves, and only many years later did their daughter Tina reconciliate with her. For a while, mother and daughter lived together happily at this house, but then Tina married Charlie Cho and moved in with him.
Now that Trisha is all alone and 75 years old, she does the most reasonable thing:

She moves to the Senior Residence, of course.
It is Thursday when she arrives.

There are four other residents here at the moment, three of which are pictured: Gunnar Roque, Bottom Summerdream and Jimmy Phoenix. The fourth resident is Bottom's husband Björn.
Gunnar is the youngest at 65, the Summerdreams are 67, and Jimmy is the oldest at 79.
Trisha is the only one who is not on Permanent Platinum, and she will not reach her lifetime want of owning 5 top level businesses.

After she has done all the gardening, she greets Sirius Swain (who has, as we know, just returned from a family vacation and still sports an impressive sunburn!).

She makes friends with Bottom over a game of kicky bag.

On Friday morning, the airport arrives at the same time as the repair service, the latter being an almost daily visitor here.

Some time later, the group of senior residents arrive at Three Lakes where they check in at the most expensive hotel.

Their first day is spent familiarising themselves with the hotel and its facilites and dining out at Three Lakes Plaza.

The maid seems incapable of getting all her work done at the hotel - Jimmy Phoenix decides he does not want to wait any longer and rather cleans the bathroom of his hotel suite himself.

It takes until Saturday morning before the maid finally clears the table of the dirty dishes left by the previous occupants of the suite!

A trip to the market is undertaken.

And there I finally detect Kennedy Smith, another long-lost "relative" of the Smith family! Very few of my playables know him, and I was hoping for the vacation makers to run into him. I send Trisha over to greet him.
After that, I end the vacation prematurely - the hotel seems a little "buggy" and is not much fun to play, and with Trisha meeting Kennedy, I have achieved my main goal. Back at the Senior Residence, she will dedicate the rest of the week to befriending him.

Or so I thought!!
Just before 7:00 pm, Trisha puts aside the gardening shears and follows Mr. Reaper to the Big Lot in the Sky.
I was honestly dumbfounded - I sat there in front of my computer, saying "WHAT?!" aloud, as I never expected Trisha going so soon.

Since I was only playing the Senior Residence because of her, I'll move straight on to the next household on my list.
Is Kennedy Smith ever going to join the rest of his relatives in New Max?
What happened to the shop Trisha started to build up last round? And how will Tina react to the sudden death of her mother?

6 comments:

  1. What a shame for poor Trisha! At least she got to have a great last holiday and find Kennedy who can hopefully join the hood at some point.
    I don't think my Sims have stayed in this hotel. I tend to make my Sims camp for free although they have visited that hotel and it's indoor pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hotel seems a bit buggy, and everything takes longer there than it should. Next time I send someone to Three Lakes, they'll definitely not be staying there.
      Yes, Trisha's death took me completely by surprise. I know there is at least one other Sim in New Max who knows Kennedy, but none of the others at the Senior Residence.

      Delete
  2. Ach, wie schade! Da wäre ich aber auch sehr baff gewesen... Den Urlaubs fand ich schön. Meine Sims müssen auch mal langsam in Urlaub fahren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die Urlaube habe ich jahrelang völlig vernachlässigt und entdecke sie gerade wieder für mich wieder.

      Delete
  3. i think after trisha theres only 4 households left to play? if so lets hope you can finish it before the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan, Callum! I want to complete the round before the New Year and do my annual head count.

      Delete

Whether you play The Sims 2 yourself or not, it would be great hearing from you. As I will reply to comments regularly, please remember to come back if you have asked a question.