Family names and related posts

Sunday 6 January 2019

The Sims 4: The BBF Household, Week 2

Welcome to my first post in 2019 of this blog - and the start of a new round, with a fresh approach: The round will not only cover New Maximiliania's households, but also The Sims 4 and all the playable households I have in that game. I had not been playing TS4 since March 2015, and it will be fun to rediscover the game, while at the same time discovering all that is new with the pets expansion pack of TS4, which was a Christmas present.

My first household to play is the BBF household. For their first week, played in 2015, click on the "TS4: BBF" label.

The house is of course still the same as during their first week. It is just gone midnight on Monday when I enter the lot.

Here are the three members of the BBF household, with the ladies dressed very differently from what I remember. Travis Scott, Liberty Lee and Summer Holiday (from left to right) are friends, but (not yet?) romantically involved with each other. All three work full-time in different careers, and all three have reached one or two milestones during their previous week. How are they going to fare this week, three years later in real life?

On her own accord, Summer goes to the grill on the back porch and starts making hamburgers. Unfortunately, the grill catches fire.

While Summer runs from the fire, Travis runs to it - and, also on his own accord, starts using a fire extinguisher! How nice that the Sims can do this in TS4... you know how many deaths have occurred in my TS2 game due to fires.

During their first week, Liberty and Travis have developed a close friendship. Still on Monday, I find them hugging each other in the kitchen. I like to think that Liberty hugs Travis out of relief and gratitude for how he dealt with the fire.

On Tuesday morning, I send Summer to make breakfast for everyone, which increases her cooking skill to level 4.

The three house mates enjoy breakfast together.

Later, with Travis and Summer out for work, Liberty travels to the Magnolia Blossom park, where she plays chess with a townie. She needs more logic skill for her lifetime want (I keep calling it that, although it is not called that in TS4).

Last round, Liberty had started a small garden, with mushrooms and bluebells. On Wednesday, it is Summer who does a spot of gardening.  The only other thing worth mentioning for this day is Traves being promoted to Code Monkey.

The girls have breakfast together on Thursday morning, while Travis is already at work.

Later, Don Lothario comes visiting on his own accord, and takes a picture of himself and Summer.

Travis' phone rings; it is Chanel Grey, a townie lady, asking him for a date at the Calico Club. I am curious as to what might be in store for Travis, and say "yes".

They have a drink at the bar and chat, joke, and just before time runs out and the date ends, Travis gets into a flirty mood and kisses Chanel's hands. They are at the pink hearts stage now.

On Friday, Summer is still in her work clothes and grabs a bite to eat, sitting down with her plate in the living room to keep Liberty company, who is reading up on her logic skill. I am not sure, but it may have to do something with Travis having been away from the home lot while the girls were still at work, but I find Summer is now "bugged": Even though she is obviously at home and I can control her actions, she is shown as "at work", and I can not auto-zoom the camera on her.

Liberty repairs the kitchen stove on Saturday.

Summer tries her hand at mixing drinks.

Nothing much happens on Saturday or Sunday. I try to make sure the house is clean and in order and everyone's needs are fulfilled. Sunday evening ends with Liberty and Travis hanging out in Travis' room while Summer is practising charisma.

It was fun playing TS4 again, but I must admit it was slow playing and I probably only scratched the surface of all the possibilities the game offers now, with my new expansion pack. 
I don't know yet what (if anything) will become of Travis' date with Chanel, or whether he and Liberty will end up together. Also, there are several men interested in Summer, but she is very focused on her lifetime want.

All things considered, it was a good start of the new round for me, although I did not have much to report.

8 comments:

  1. Still can't get into sims 3/4 still love sims 2 and always will. and I will still continue to read your blog whether sims 4 or 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being such a loyal reader, peachy! Yes, I will always love TS2, too, but TS4 can also be a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. Oh, wie schön, vielen Dank für dieses Kapitel! Ich wünsche dir viel Spaß und bin schon sehr gespannt, was du alles entdecken wirst und wie sich deine Nachbarschaft entwickelt. - Begeistert bin ich, dass ich jetzt nicht alleine so spiele. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. War ja Deine Idee :-))
      Und es ist echt eine gute Methode, so dass nicht ein Spiel zugunsten des anderen monatelang vernachlässigt wird. Bin auch gespannt, wie es sowohl in New Max als auch in den TS4-Nachbarschaften weiter geht.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a good start to your TS4 round, hopefully the small bugs will work their way out, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the thing with Summer being still shown as "at work" was a bit annoying. I'll see what happens in other households. Possibly a visit to a community lot of all the household would have cured it.

      Delete
  4. I have 4 but I never opened it - my daughters play. this was interesting though. Do you like it I think im stuck on 2 same as peachy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, I am "stuck" on TS2, too - but TS4 is well worth a try, it has a lot going for it.

      Delete

Whether you play The Sims 2 yourself or not, it would be great hearing from you. As I will reply to comments regularly, please remember to come back if you have asked a question.