Family names and related posts

Monday 21 June 2021

Amin Fleig's Junior Year

We've last been here in April.

Hello and welcome back to Pinenut Plaza Dorms, where we currently have a group of eight playable students: graduate Ratna Walter (who is just lazily spending a few more days here before he has to leave campus for good), Juniors Abhijeet Turner, Amin Fleig, Clarence and Helen Gavigan as well as Margaret Turner, and two Sophomores, Cameron and Cataldo Capp.

"What, man, you're still here?" Cameron (or Cataldo? I keep mixing them up, sorry!) can't believe Ratna has not yet packed up and moved out of his dorm room. He is probably hoping to manage to get a few more 1st dates under his belt right here on campus; 50 is his lifetime want.

The girl with the Thinking Cap is Margaret Turner, a relatively recent addition to New Maximiliania because of her surname (Turner being the surname of one of my real life aunts and uncles in Yorkshire).

This semester, Cameron is the first to finish his Term Paper. As usual, I largely leave my students to their own devices as soon as they have acquired all their required skills and written their Term Papers.

By the way, former Paper Boy Amin Fleig is the reason why I am playing this lot right now: The surname Fleig is next on my alphabetic list.

More often than not, the students will gather in the downstairs common room and dance to the music from the stereo. They love the hula, and a good session of slap dance never goes amiss, either.

Again, I find almost all community lots gone from the campus neighbourhood, the Student Union being one of the few left. I send the group there, but only three make it, as the others are at class.

Back at the dorm, Abhijeet finishes his Term Paper. He and Helen Gavigan are still an item, with Abhi currently not working at his lifetime want of having 20 loves.

The dorm cook has done it again - good job there is a sprinkler right above the stove in the cafeteria. Amin retains his cool and finishes his can of juice.

I realise that Cataldo is the only one who has not yet completed his Term Paper and make sure he does so that same day.

For a change, everyone is gathering upstairs next to the treadmill instead of downstairs around the stereo.

Winter has given way to spring, and I dress everyone in outfits better suited to the season. I quite like this one on Margaret.

Amin has just finished the semester with an A+ and, returning from his exam, shakes his head at Helen who is on her way to sit her exam, still in her nightie.

And finally, Ratna grows up and moves out of the dorm! Will someone new take his room?

Margaret now needs a cooking skill point and takes advantage of the early morning hours, before the dorm cook arrives, to make her own breakfast.

This semester, Clarence is the first to write his Term Paper.

Helen is looking forward to seeing her name once more appear on the Dean's List.

The start of a new semester usually means skilling time, and the spring semester is no exception.

Everybody has their nose in a book or is otherwise busy.

Cataldo and Cameron are persuaded by the campus coach to work out - not that they actually need it.

The semester goes by in a flash, and Amin gets up bright and early on exam day.

He returns with yet another A+ under his belt. Well done, Amin!

One by one, the others returns as well, and all have been successful.

Another year at uni is over, and we can move on to the next Fleig household on my list. We will be back here soon for the Gavigan siblings.

I am getting not just a little frustrated with my game, what with so many community lots having disappeared again! Maybe I will dedicate a few hours this week to check the lots folder in my game data and see what I can do. 

Also, Amin is best friends with another student whom I wanted to have move in once Ratna had left campus, but every time I clicked the interaction "propose... move in", it simply disappeared, and nobody else was able to propose it at all.

I have even thought about playing TS3 for a while!

4 comments:

  1. It is a shame you game is being weird. But you can still manage to get a post out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am not happy about the missing community lots and things like Amin not being able to ask his friend to move in, but all things considered the game is running well.

      Delete
  2. Another great year, I like all outfit changes.

    I didn’t know you could ask a Sim to move into the dorm that way, I’ve done it with a Greek house but not a dorm, I’ve probably never tried though.

    I’d have to be really desperate to play TS3!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... now that you mention it, I am not sure I've had a Sim move in at a dorm like this before, either. The odd thing was that the option to ask to move in showed up for Amin and Abhijeet, but the action simply dropped out of the queue immediately again.

      Delete

Whether you play The Sims 2 yourself or not, it would be great hearing from you. As I will reply to comments regularly, please remember to come back if you have asked a question.