Family names and related posts

Friday 20 March 2020

TS4: The Kay Household - Week 2

Again, after almost 5 years in real life, we're back with this single household in TS4: June Kay.

Click here for the first week with June, if you want to refresh your memory - I definitely have to re-read all my previous TS4 weeks in order to remember what was going on!.

June lives here in this Oasis Springs house, the one originally assigned to her by Maxis. She is an aspiring Culinary Master (or something like that, comparable with the TS2 lifetime want of becoming Celebrity Chef) and currently works as an Assistant Dishwasher. Her bank account shows a balance of 3,049 Simoleons.

Right on the first day of this week, she is promoted to Head Dishwasher, earning a tiny bit more money (1 Simoleon more per hour!). Also, a bonus object is placed in her inventory, and I use it immediately: The kitchen counters you can see in this picture (before, they had blue fronts like the breakfast bar, which was actually prettier, but I suppose the bonus objects mean something to our Sims, so I shall use them.)

June spends the time between work and sunset in her back garden. She planted strawberries, daisies, sage and chrysanthemums during her first round, and the fresh berries and herbs are a welcome addition to her larder.

On Tuesday, she comes home from work with very low fun. Being a Head Dishwasher may not be the most fun-filled job in the world!

Good job then that Summer Holiday invites her to a party at the house she shares with her friends. Summer is June's best friend, by the way.

Maybe you remember that Travis Scott, one of Summer Holiday's housemates, threw a party when I last played there? Just like it was with his party, once again Bella Goth is the hired caterer, pictured here on the far left. Travis is also there (with his back to the camera), as is Summer Frost, the newcomer. Liberty Lee, the third of the original three housemates, is dancing away to the stereo in Travis' room, which is why she is not on this picture.
By the way, this is Summer Holiday's birthday party - I did not have any say in that, the game decided autonomously! She must be an adult now, as opposed to young adult.

Wednesday goes by totally uneventful: June gets up with just enough time to shower and have breakfast before going to work, and after work, has not much energy left for anything apart from a quick bite to eat and a few conversations with acquaintances.

On Thursday morning, I notice an astronaut walking by! I don't know whether he is playable or not; I am still not all that familiar with the Sims in this game.

June prunes her bonsai tree, which has been sadly neglected so far.

When she is home from work, Summer Holiday asks to come over. Is it just me or has she put on a little weight? Not that it matters, I am just wondering whether it is only my impression or real.

The two girlfriends spend a comfortable time chatting on the settee. Note the bonsai tree in the corner, it looks much better now, doesn't it!

On Friday, Summer comes over again, on her own initiative. If you remember, her aspiration is to become Friend of the World, so it is only natural that she does what she can to maintain her friendships.
Geoffrey Landgraab and Cassandra Goth were walking by, June made sure to invite them in, giving Summer a chance to befriend them, too.

Finally, the weekend is here, and June has more time for the things she enjoys! I send her out to greet Giulianna Riley; as far as I know, the two women have not met before.

I notice other Sims sitting on the benches dotted along the road. These two are not playables, I think, and I would not show them to you if it weren't for the very odd outfit of the lady on the left.

It is Sunday, and guess who's over at June's again! Summer even waters the plants, without anyone asking her to do this. See the tiled area behind Summer, at the left side of the picture? It is a rather big space behind June's house which I am not sure what to do with; it can not be planted on or I'd use it for the garden. Maybe I'll remove the tiles next round.

While Summer is busying herself with gardening, I send June to dig around in the vicinity. She finds time capsules and other things, but before I remember to open the capsules or take a closer look at her findings, the week is over; something to look forward to next round!

Before she heads back home, June meets and greets Mortimer Goth and Travis Scott, both wearing outfits I have not previously seen on them. The other Sim on the bench is a townie, I think.

This week was over quickly, as is usually the case with a single household. I regretted June not having more free time, but it is rather realistic that way, isn't it. She reached a milestone with making excellent meals, and had one promotion. There is no love interest on the horizon right now, but who knows what playing other Sims in the neighbourhood will bring.

2 comments:

  1. June habe ich gar nicht in meiner Nachbarschaft, daher ist es schön, über sie bei dir zu lesen. Danke :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Echt? Ich frage mich, mit welchem Update sie kommt; ich habe ja selbst nur wenig TS4-Teile.

      Delete

Whether you play The Sims 2 yourself or not, it would be great hearing from you. As I will reply to comments regularly, please remember to come back if you have asked a question.