Family names and related posts

Monday 6 January 2020

2019 in New Maximiliania

2019 is over, done and dusted - and has been so for 6 days now.

It has taken me until today to get round to my annual head count for New Maximiliania. 

There are currently 107 playable Sims in the 'hood - 3 more than last year.
The Roths are still lost.

Many of those Sims who originally were teenagers, young adults or adults at the start of the game have gone to the Great Community Lot in the sky. Since the foundation of New Max, 222 have died altogether, with 97 births.

A handful of former townies have become proper residents, by virtue of their surnames being "playable" surnames, such as Love and Smith. I am constantly on the lookout for more.

Best chances for long-term survival have the Capps and the Newsons; there are many of them, with many children. We will see what this year will bring! 

I still want to play the TS4 and TS2 families alternatively, following an integrated alphabetical list of surnames. But for some reason, Origin does not allow me to update TS4. I have tried and tried, to no avail - can't figure out why it tells me that I will have to "allow a download" but then never actually prompts me to allow it.
As a last resort, I guess I could de-install and re-install TS4, but maybe someone here has an idea as to what could work.
Also, I still welcome suggestions for the Roths - their character files are in the correct game data folder, but that's all.

So, if I can not solve the TS4 problem anytime soon, I shall simply keep playing TS2 the way I have done for the past year.

Happy Simming in 2020 to all of you!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Simming for the new year too. I no nothing about sims 4 (so I can't help you there). But I am still reading, sometimes I just don't comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello peachy! Good to know you're still reading. I hope to find some time for simming later this week, I miss my Sims when I can't play for a while.

      Delete
  2. I don’t know enough about TS4 either I’m afraid, haven’t played it since it’s inception.

    Another great full round in New Maximiliania for 2019, it’s a shame about The Roth family, is there any way in Sim PE to find them? I don’t use that myself so have no clue but maybe post at the Challenge group or ModTheSims for ideas?

    Looking forward to a great Simming 2020, whether reading or playing, and Happy New Year to you, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen!
      I have found the Roths in Sim PE, that is how I know their character file number and know they are still in my game data folder.
      Someone here as offered to send them to me as a file, so maybe I will take them up on that offer eventually - although of course I'd much prefer to have them back in the state I last played them, with Sandra already grown up and together with one of Brandi Broke's boys.

      Delete
  3. Liebe Meks, das Problem mit Sims 4 hatte ich auch. Es funktionierte erst wieder, nachdem ich Origin mal de- und neu installiert habe. Das Angebot mit Familie Roth kam von mir, da ich sie ja in dem Original-Riverblossom nicht angerührt habe. Falls du sie haben möchtest, sag Bescheid, das bekommen wir dann irgendwie hin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genauso habe ich es auch gemacht, Origin de- und re-installiert. Seither kann ich auch wieder TS4 spielen.
      Danke, ich behalte das Roth-Angebot im Hinterkopf :-)

      Delete

Whether you play The Sims 2 yourself or not, it would be great hearing from you. As I will reply to comments regularly, please remember to come back if you have asked a question.