Family names and related posts

Sunday 23 September 2018

The Sharpe-Powers Household: Week 10


Only a few weeks ago, we spent a week at this house - formerly the home of General Grunt and his sons, but for many years now it belonged to Jonah Powers, Roxie Sharpe and her younger brother Edwin, and it is for him that we are here so soon again after having played Jonah Powers.

Edwin is now 81, and I know he won't last long. He has been on Permanent Platinum ever since he became Head of SCIA 12 days from elderhood. After things with his college sweetheart Delilah O'Feefe did not work out long-term, he never had another romantic interest in his life, but seemed happy enough to live with his big sister, her partner Jonah (they never married) and Jonah's half-Alien daughter Perseida, who is like a daughter or niece to him.

On this Monday morning, the house receives a fresh lick of paint. I like the bright blue; it suits the approaching spring.

Edwin and Perseida are really close. I do not control them most of the time, but they seek each other's company on their own accord, talking, cracking jokes, playing.

Oh look, I've not had that happen in a long time - Edwin is able to pet the skunk, it does not spray him!

Meanwhile, Perseida does some gardening on her own initiative.

The downstairs bathtub needs repairing, and Edwin patiently waits by the window until the repair service in the shape of Arcadia Bradshaw arrives.

Later, he spends a few hours writing his diary. It looks like Mercutio Ottomas is the subject of today's entry.

Beau Broke walks by and is politely invited in.

Edwin just wanted to retreat to bed, but someone is already waiting for him in the bedroom (which used to be his sister's and Jonah's).
At 82, Edwin dies.

His ghost waves good-bye to Perseida, who is not yet even aware of "Uncle" Edwin's passing.

Well, I was prepared for this to happen; as I have already played Perseida this round, the stint at this household ends here. I always had a bit of a soft spot for Edwin and think he would have made a great husband and father, but it was not to be.

By the way, I still have not managed to find the lost Roth household - let alone retrieve them -, not even using SimPE. I have found their original character files without a problem, but not in the set-up I played them last, nor their house. Strange, isn't it!
Therefore, the next household to be played is that of Nervous Singles (formerly Subject) and his son Shaun.

8 comments:

  1. Goodbye to Edwin, he was a lovely Sim and I'm sure will be missed even if in true sim style it's only for a day. :D
    What a shame about The Roth's, I love that family. I'm desperate to play my game but have issues with my laptop at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss your updates and hope you'll be able to play again soon!
      Yes, it's a shame about the Roths, but I don't want them "fresh" as all the other families are so far advanced now.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this update, I'm looking forward to playing Edwin in my round. I noticed the hint with 'father and husband'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing Edwin again in your neighbourhood will be nice, I am looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. Perseida will be very sad when she realizes he's gone! They were really close! If I ever get any further in my game I will get to play him and find out what he is like. Sorry to hear about the Roth's I didn't know them but I am very fond of the families that I do know so I can understand how you must feel... hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, I did like the Roths, too, but it is just one of those things in life (or in my game) I have to accept, I guess. I am not willing to spend a huge amount of my precious gaming time on trying to rescue them by some acrobatics with SimPE, I rather play those Sims who are still around :-)

      Delete
  4. It is shame the Roths are still invisible throughout New Max. In my game, the Roths are still exist in my Megahood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they disappeared, at first I could see them still in the relationship panels of my other Sims, and in their family trees if they were related. Now they do not appear anywhere. Never mind, I just focus on the existing families.

      Delete

Whether you play The Sims 2 yourself or not, it would be great hearing from you. As I will reply to comments regularly, please remember to come back if you have asked a question.